Halloween is just around the corner! It’s one of my favorite times of the year because of cute costumes, fun parties and lots of candy.
Whether you’re trick-or-treating, scaring little kids, or going into local haunted houses, one of the most important things to remember is safety. After doing some research, I found some great safety tips from the Center for Disease Control (CDC) that will help out your family this Halloween.
My Top Five Safety Tips:
- Use reflective tape on costumes and bags to help drivers see you. Another fun way to remain visible is by giving the kids glow sticks to hold or wear.
- Avoid going trick-or-treating alone. Walk in groups or with a trusted adult.
- Eat only factory-wrapped treats. Avoid eating homemade treats made by strangers.
- Always test make-up in a small area first and remember to remove it before bed to avoid skin or eye irritation.
- Enter homes only if you’re with a trusted adult.
Watch as a mom talks about ways to keep children safe during Halloween festivities.